Guru.com is an online marketplace for freelancer to find commissioned work and for employers to find
freelance workers. The site was found in 1998 in Pittsburgh as eMoonlighter.com and their headquarter is still located in Pittsburgh.
Please note that they charge transaction fee and membership fee. The transaction fee is charge on your earnings for each job. It is dependent upon membership type and is subtracted from the funds when credited to your cash account.
Here's the membership level for transaction fee:
- Basic and Basic+ members pay 8.95%.
- Professional members pay 6.95%.
- Business members pay 5.95%.
- Executive members pay 4.95%
- Basic: Free
- Basic+: $8.95/mo
- Prefessional: $15.95/mo
- Business: $24.95/mo
- Executive: $39.95/mo
Payment is through:
- Direct deposit (U.S. bank accounts only) – There are no fees to receive funds using direct deposit.
- PayPal — no fee to receive payment via PayPal.
- Prepaid MasterCard — no fee to receive payment through Prepaid MasterCard. Payoneer, the card issuer, charges a one-time card activation fee, a monthly account maintenance fee, and loading and cash withdrawal fees.
- Wire transfer (Non-U.S. bank accounts only) — $9.00 per wire transfer.